LETS PLAY A GAME. It’s called: Who directed it TIM BURTON or HENRY SELICK
We’ll start with the 2009 Laika film Coraline based on the novel by Neil Gaiman. Do you know who directed it? Burton or Selick?
Did you guess yet?
If you guessed Henry Selick, you would be correct. Tim Burton actually had absolutely nothing to do with Coraline at all in anyway ever. Reminder: Tim Burton has NOTHING to do with Coraline. At all. But that was an easy one. Let’s go to the Walt Disney Pictures adaptation of Roald Dahl’s novel, James and the Giant Peach next.
Think you got it? Are you sure? Better double check…
Oh, look. It’s Henry Selick again! Tim Burton actually interacted with this project, though only as a producer. Bet that was tricky… Next one! Let’s go to the Disney/Touchstone Pictures film Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Have you guessed it correctly? Have you really?
Yep that’s right. Even Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas was directed by Henry Selick. Though Burton wrote the poem and created the characters in which Nightmare was based he didn’t have much interaction with the project beyond that. At the time he had already signed off to direct the film Batman Returns and did not want to be involved with the “painstakingly slow process of stop-motion animation.”
Looks like it was a trick quiz. But now you know Henry Selick, whom people rarely know of is responsible for many of the most well known stop-motion animated films. The more you know!
This isn’t even being qeued. This is just being reblogged, because some of you still don’t understand who directed Coraline.
Jessica Williams and Travon (one of the staff writers) do it again!
This is why white women can’t be in the natural hair movement
Leading up to the premiere of Series 8 on August 23rd, BBC America will be premiering a whole bunch of all new never before seen super fun specials-
- Saturday, August 16 at 9:00pm ET- Doctor Who: The Ultimate Companion
- Saturday, August 16 at 10:00PM ET- Real History of Science Fiction
- Monday, August 18 at 10:00pm ET- Doctor Who: The Ultimate Time Lord
In addition to those new specials, starting Monday, August 18 at 8:00am ET, BBC America will be starting the Doctor Who Takeover Week, where Doctor Who will be airing all week long.
To top it all off, right before the premiere of Deep Breath, Chris Hardwick (Nerdist, superfan, host of @Midnight ) will be hosting a Doctor Who: Live Pre-Show at 7:30pm ET and Doctor Who: After Who Live at 11:00pm ET following the premiere of Intruders. Both the pre- and post-show will feature a whole bunch of awesome guests including Mark Gatiss, and will include exclusive behind-the-scenes footage.
And that’s not all! Next week on August 6th, you and all of your friends (and maybe even your pets, if you can teach them how to internet) will have the chance to vote for your favorite episodes over on BBCAmerica.com. The top selections of this "Make Your Own Sunday" poll will be aired on August 24 as part of a BBC America marathon.
Take a deep breath, folks. There’s a lot of stuff going on this month, and it’s gonna be fantastic.
She has created a wonderful thing with Notorious R.B.G. I will admit I had to be told by my law clerks, what’s this Notorious. And they — they explained that to me.
Doctor Who + references in other television shows
- 01: Your current relationship, if single discuss how single life is.
- 02: Where you’d like to be in 10 years.
- 03: Your views on drugs and alcohol.
- 04: Your views on religion.
- 05: A time you thought about ending your own life.
- 06: Write 3 interesting facts about yourself.
- 07: Your zodiac sign and if you think it fits your personality.
- 08: A moment you felt the most satisfied with your life.
- 09: How you hope your future will be like.
- 10: Discuss your first love and first kiss.
- 11: Put your ipod on shuffle and write 10 songs that pop up.
- 12: Bullet your whole day.
- 13: Somewhere you’d like to move or visit.
- 14: Your earliest memory.
- 15: Your favorite tumblrs.
- 16: Your views on mainstream music.
- 17: Your highs and lows of this past year.
- 18: Your beliefs.
- 19: Disrespecting your parents.
- 20: How important you think education is.
- 21: One of your favorite shows.
- 22: How have you changed in the past 2 years?
- 23: Give pictures of 5 guys who are famous who you find attractive.
- 24: Your favorite movie and what it’s about.
- 25: Someone who fascinates you and why.
- 26: What kind of person attracts you.
- 27: A problem that you have had.
- 28: Something that you miss.
- 29: Goals for the next 30 days.
- 30: Your highs and lows of this month.